Monday, January 19, 2009

INTRODUCTION

While a large portion of my projects are wedding related, this will not be devoted to covering the latest in bridal color, floral design, couture and decor. Instead, I hope it will be a mix of what I find inspiring at the moment, be it people, place, thing or thought.

Upstream, style development is a direct reflection of our environment as a whole:  the people we meet;  the clothes we wear; the chair we sit on; the vote we cast.  Fashion, furniture, interior design, politics, technology, society, economy ~ are all interconnected and have a hand in the evolution of style:  an article on post-modern decor might inspire a great new silhouette in fashion, or an arial photo might create the essence for a new print.  A new palette compensates for a bleak economy with bright colors....or mimics the mood in gloomy tones.

Downstream, the inspiration becomes a trend after finding a comfy niche in multi-mediums. Finding a way into closets, onto walls,  on tv, screen and magazines to a point where the consumer recognizes it as mainstream, is comfortable with how to best use and apply it, and establishes it as a trend.  

While mainstream trends are certainly important, it is the "upstream" inspirations of style development that interest me most.  I hope this site will give me an outlet to explore those ideas ~ even all the while I celebrate what is happening "now" with my clients.

No comments: